PINAR DEL RIO
Pinar Del Río is the capital city if the easternmost province of Cuba. The present name was given to it in 1778. The province a territorial extension of 6,788.48 sq mi and has a little over 700,000 inhabitants. The province is located 93.21 mi east of the City of Havana.
Pinar Del Río is a bucolic and attractive city with an architecture predominantly characterized by red-tiles roofs and the presence of many porches that form galleries in some streets.
The city settles in the center of the tobacco growing area and the main attractions are related to the Havana cigars: the surrounding tobacco plantations and the Havana cigar factories. Other places of interest are the Museum of Natural Science, the Guayabita del Pinar liquor factury –an authentic regional product-, the Province Museum of History and the Milanés Theater.
The hospitality of the locals wins the hearts of the visitors. The pinareños are good-natured and extremely friendly and offer plenty solidarity to the visitors. This leaves a pleasant impression in everyone visiting the land of the best tobacco of the world. The province boats an increasing industrial, cultural, and educational development. The electronic components plant and the art instructor school are but few examples.
For more information: