Palmar del Junco Stadium
Located in the heart of the city of Matanzas, capital of the province of the same name, it is some 100 kilometres from Havana City. It was built in 1847 and treasures the historical event of Cuba’s first baseball game that took place there in 1874. The Cuban Hall of Fame of this sport has been planned to be created here, due to the historical significance of this stadium, where baseball games have been played in the first National Series after the Revolution’s triumph in 1959, until the games were moved to the new stadium named Victoria de Girón, the present day headquarters of the area’s teams.
For more information: