PALACE OF JUSTICE (PALACIO DE JUSTICIA)
This building was declared a National Monument on July 10 of 1998, according to Resolution No.151 of the National Monument Commission (Comisión Nacional de Monumentos).
The building was built in the decade of the forties in the XX century and it celebrated two public audiences related to causes number 37 of 1953 and number 67 of1956.
The first was the trial against the survivors of the revolutionary armed attack that took place on July 26th, processing 30 attackers of the Garrisons of Santiago de Cuba and Bayamo. In the second trial, they were accused of involvement in the armed upraising of the people on November 30th of 1956 in support of the landing of the Granma yacht.
For more information: